Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taco Salad with Dressing

So during times of stress, unlike many people I tend *not* to eat. This of course puts my body into a "famine" response and holds everything I eat as energy storage. However, if you're eating healthy, you still loose weight (which in my case isn't bad at all.) During one of these times, I became the "queen of taco salads" and developed the following and it's been a family favorite ever since.
Now you have to understand, I was introduced to what I call a "mega salad" when visiting friends and family in California and it has ended up being my favorite version of salad ever since. The ingredients are basically any and all vegetables you like, and maybe one or two you don't like, just to get them into your diet. When you chop them up and put some taco meat and toppings, it becomes a meal with plenty of everything.

Some of the Vegetables I like to add:
  • Iceberg Lettuce
  • Red and Green leaf Lettuces
  • Bok Choy
  • Napa Cabbage
  • Green and Red Cabbages
  • Snow Peas
  • Celery
  • Carrots (usually shredded or grated)
  • Tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflour
  • Cucumber 
Other things that can be added to the meal are:
  • Refried Beans
  • Taco Meat
  • Tortilla Chips (bought or homemade)
  • Sour Cream
  • Salsa
  • Taco Sauce
I usually make a "dressing" from a mixture of sour cream and taco sauce, mixed to taste. The strangest part is it's slightly pink, but otherwise it tastes great, in my opinion. It can also be made by replacing the taco sauce with salsa, but it's usually a bit thinner and chunkier. You can make this on a plate, in a bowl, in a tortilla bowl, you name it. Pile it in however you like it.

One of these days I'll post the spices for my taco meat, best made as a "meat mash." You can check here to see how to make a "meat mash."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+ Followers